Monday, December 24, 2012

Dating during the holidays

Happy Holiday everyone!  My family is a bit diverse. My aunt who grew up Catholic married her college sweetheart who is Jewish...I enjoy the diversity and the history and the culture.  I have celebrated Christmas all my life. Although we didn't go to church regularly when I was a kid, my Dad always read the bible and reminded me how important faith is. I hold that close to me and believe my faith in a Higher Power is my strength.  God has loved me when others judged or condemned me.  I have learned a lot about love and servitude...it's not all about me.  I believe that applies to dating during the holidays....I am working on remembering to honor those who are in my life and what I'm building.  Considering what's important to someone else is a huge factor. I have friends that want to get me gifts of their choice, and have disregarded what I've said I need or like.  I realize at that point its about them and not me. I see how loving someone the way I think love is could be similar, or visa versa.  His/her needs may be different than yours; he/she may feel loved by some act that seems irrelevant to you.  Is it about you or them? How willing am I (or you) to learn and grow with that person?  The relationship is a gift offered to us by something greater than ourselves for our growth and edification as people.  Does he/she make you better?  Do they call you on your b/s?  Do they hear you?  Are you hearing them?

I am getting ready to go to dinner with my family....my younger cousins are married or engaged.  I am single...although dating and closer to creating a relationship that is fulfilling on all sides....still single.  This year I fear the question, "when are you getting married?"  or "why are you still single?"  Yes, I like men.  Hahaha!

I would love to hear your stories about dating during the holidays or being single during the holidays..... this conversation can go so many directions.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment