How does this relate to DATING? Well..... humans tend to be creatures of habit. You know the cliches with relationship - "keep it spicy" "tend to the flame" "love deposits".... all of which imply some effort is made to grow, nurture and satisfy the relationship. We see it all the time with married folks.... work, home......."now that we've been married two years we hardly ever go out anymore".... then she feels less special and less affectionate and he feels rejected. We see it with married folks with children..... they put all the kids activities before investing in their relationship and wonder why the person they fell in love with feels more like a roommate than a lover.
Planning is a great tool to support us in every aspect of our lives. Yes, even in our relationship. Plan those interruptions. Please provide for your families. Please invest in your children. Please finish your degree. Do those things. And, interrupt them for the benefit of your relationship. Relationships are gifts.
- Plan a weekend getaway - no work, no phones, no Internet. Be with each other.
- Plan time for personal growth where you go together - (Date with Destiny, PSI Seminars, PAX Programs couple workshops, etc)
- Plan a celebration in the middle of an odd month, just because your love is worth it.
- Both of you chose something that scares you (think skydiving). Support each other in realizing the dream.
- Plan for time to encourage one another (notes, homemade lunches, sexy text messages, etc.)
How can you interrupt your "relationship routine"?
As always, I love to hear your thoughts and experiences.
Much love and aloha