Saturday, December 8, 2012

Organic Relationships

Have you heard the term? It might sound something like, "let the relationship grow organically" or "It's better when its organic." Often coupled with "letting it flow". Sometimes it sounds like, "it just happened organically."

I feel like that means relationships that "fail" or "don't work out" did not happen organically.  When in fact, is it also possible that every relationship happens organically, and much like crops some make it through the storm, some do not.  I find that as I date, I find out a little bit more about myself - the things that truly matter to me.  One fellow I dated had the appearance of everything good - tall, dark, handsome, car, job, smelled good. Yet he was one of the least generous people I knew.  Stingy in all areas. Not knocking him, that's his gig.  For me, I want generous kisses and a man with a generous spirit.  I also get to look at - where am I not generous or where do I hold back.  Hmmm, something to consider... that area may not have anything to do with money.  Perhaps its my time. I get to explore that.  The last fellow I dated was so generous and kind hearted.  I realized how important to me "doing life WITH" someone is. I want to make plans with someone.  He was not at the stage in his life.  Although we enjoyed each other's company, we were not in alignment...so it organically came to an end.  In retrospect, I can see how much I have grown since I really started dating two (2) years ago, I am clear about what is important to me, what I want, what I like, what I can tolerate, what I won't tolerate, what my deal breakers are, as well as continuously doing things for my overall well-being so that I have a wealth of love and of presence to offer those in my life.   "There is a blessing in every lesson and I am glad that I knew him at all"  ('The Truth' by India Arie )  We get to bless each other, in every relationship, with feedback, with messages, and by being mirrors for one another.  I believe every relationship grows organically, just as it is designed to....so that we grow closer to our dreams and become who we truly are with a greater awareness..

Here is to you and organic relationships.....

Live Love and Breathe Easy

<3 hp

No comments:

Post a Comment